Library Of Congress
Library Of CongressPublic Domain ArchivePart of PICRYL.com. Not developed or endorsed by the Library of Congress
  • searchSearch
  • photo_albumStories
  • collectionsCollections
  • infoAbout
  • star_rateUpgrade

Juilliard School of Music

Juilliard School was founded in 1905 as the Institute of Musical Art was named for Augustus Juilliard, a wealthy textile merchant whose bequest was used to establish the Juilliard Graduate School in 1924. In 1926, it merged with the Institute for Musical Art to become the Juilliard School of Music. With the additions of a Dance Division in 1951 and Drama Division in 1968, the name was shortened to The Juilliard School.

Juilliard School of Music, 130 Claremont Ave., Bronx. Opera "Solomon" cast
1899
1899
slider-holder
1955
slider-holder
1955
140 Media in collectionpage 1 of 2