700-714 Spruce Street (Houses), Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, PA
Significance: The four-story brick townhouses were constructed between 1835 and 1839. 704-714 were built and occupied by Philadelphia tradespeople. 700-702 and eventually 704 were owned by the Roman Catholic Society of St. Joseph for Educating and Maintaining Poor Orphan Children. This group of structures is a noteworthy example of Greek Revival style, and is located in the once fashionable Society Hill area.
Survey number: HABS PA-253