Baltimore & Ohio Railroad, Martinsburg East Roundhouse, East End of Race & Martin Streets, Martinsburg, Berkeley County, WV
- Upscale 2x7680x6128
Significance: East Roundhouse is a building in the former locomotive repair and machine shops erected by the B&O in Martinsburg beginning in 1849. Destroyed by the Confederate troops in 1861, the existing shops date from 1866 and later. Originally identical to the West Roundhouse, the building had its cast-iron frame replaced by roof-trusses of heavy timber in 1927.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-5
Survey number: HAER WV-1-B
Building/structure dates: 1872 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1927 Subsequent Work