Big Four Building, 220-226 K Street, Sacramento, Sacramento County, CA
Significance: Originally three separate buildings erected in 1851-1852. The lower floor was occupied by merchants, three of whom later were associated with the founding of the first transcontinental railway linking California with the East. The second floor of these structures served as the first offices of the Central Pacific Railway, 1862-1873.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-50
Survey number: HABS CA-1170
Building/structure dates: 1852 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 76000541