Bovey Water Tower, Eighth Avenue & T.H. 169, Bovey, Itasca County, MN
Significance: The Bovey water tower was constructed in 1907 of cast iron material for the tower with a wooden-stave tank. Research into the engineering literature of the first decade of the 20th century indicates that flat-bottomed water tanks such as this one have largely been superseded by the now-common hemispherical-bottomed towers. The Bovey tower was one of the last of this type built and, perhaps, one of the last remaining in the State of Minnesota. The Bovey tower was considered eligible (for historical nomination by the Minnesota State Historical Preservation Office) on the basis of its date of construction (1907) as evidence of early municipal service activity in the City of Bovey.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N513
Survey number: HAER MN-59