Library Of Congress
Library Of CongressPublic Domain ArchivePart of PICRYL.com. Not developed or endorsed by the Library of Congress
  • searchSearch
  • photo_albumStories
  • collectionsCollections
  • infoAbout
  • star_rateUpgrade
Busch Building, 710 E Street, Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia, DC

Busch Building, 710 E Street, Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia, DC

  • save_altThumbnail200x200
  • save_altSmall640x510
  • save_altMedium1024x816
  • save_altLarge1600x1275
  • save_altOriginal3840x3060
description

Summary

Significance: Constructed in 1890 by Ed Abner, the Busch Building was apparently built as an office building for the Anheuser-Busch Brewing Association. It was subsequently occupied by a succession of federal offices, including the Department of Agriculture and the Bureau of Mines. In 1921 the building was annexed by the Lansburgh & Brothers Department Store for its administrative and advertising offices. It remained a part of the Lansburgh's complex until the store closed in 1973, and has been vacant since that time.
Survey number: HABS DC-575
Building/structure dates: 1890 Initial Construction

person

Contributors

Historic American Buildings Survey, creator
Abner, Ed
Schulze, Paul
place

Location

Washington, District of Columbia, United States38.89611, -77.02204
Google Map of 38.8961149, -77.02204460000002
create

Source

Library of Congress
copyright

Copyright info

No known restrictions on images made by the U.S. Government; images copied from other sources may be restricted. http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/res/114_habs.html

Explorebusch

Explorepaul schulze

Exploreed abner