Captain Thomas Dickinson House, Old Deerfield Street, Deerfield, Franklin County, MA
Significance: Built for a leading Whig family of the Revolution. An unsuccessful attempt to cultivate silkworms, in 1835, was carried on here. / This house was built about 1752 for Thomas Dickinson, Captain in the Revolutionary Army and a prominent Whig; and despite some alterations in 1707-08, retains the greater part of its original fabric. It is now owned by Deerfield Academy. The plan represents a local type. The main doorway is a fine example of Connecticut Valley design.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-178
Survey number: HABS MA-641
Building/structure dates: 1764 Initial Construction