Charles G. Carpenter House, 408-410 Cooper Street, Camden, Camden County, NJ
- Upscale 2x6180x7680
Significance: The Charles G. Carpenter House is a key structure in the Cooper Street National Register Historic District. It was constructed in 1868, with Stephen D. Button of Philadelphia as architect. As a significant local example of Italianate style residential architecture, the Carpenter house contributes to the Coop Street Historic District's character as a physical manifestation of Camden's developmental history. In 1926, the house became the Murray Funeral Home. The premises were enlarged by construction of an annex to the east, and both the original house its associated carriage house were remodeled to serve mortuary.
Survey number: HABS NJ-989
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 89001057