Chevy Houses, 10910 Montrose Avenue, 10935 Montrose Avenue, & 10918 Clermont Avenue, Garrett Park, Montgomery County, MD
- Upscale 2x2048x1622
2009 Charles E. Peterson Prize, Entry
Significance: The second major phase of development in the railroad suburb of Garrett Park, platted in 1887 by the Metropolitan Investment and Building Company (dissolved in 1910) was by Maddux Marshall and Company, which began building small houses known as "Chevy" houses. The "Chevy" house included a two-tube radio, a Murphy folding bed, and dining nook furniture as standard features. Buyer options included a garage and/or a Chevrolet financed on the house mortgage, hence the house name.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N1440
Survey number: HABS MD-1345