Chrysler Center, Plant No. 4, Highland Park, Wayne County, MI
Significance: The oldest segment of this building was an assembly plant for the Maxwell automobile in 1916-1925. The Chrysler Corporation assembled Chrysler automobiles here in 1925-1928, along with the company's Fargo truck line in 1928. Chrysler used the building to assemble Plymouth and DeSoto models in 1928-1929 before converting it into an engineering testing facility. It is a typical 20th century steel-framed manufacturing building found in Detroit auto plants, with numerous additions made to it over the years.
Survey number: HAER MI-142-B