Cockspur Lighthouse, Cockspur Island, Savannah River, Savannah, Chatham County, GA
Significance: The lighthouse, which was extinguished in 1909, is one of only five remaining lighthouses in the state of Georgia having withstood the battle between Union and Confederate forces on April 10-11, 1862. It is maintained as an historic aid to navigation and also used in the interpretation of the Civil War battle.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N252
Survey number: HABS GA-2265