Colonial Mines Bathhouse, Smock, Fayette County, PA
Significance: Constructed by the H.C. Frick Coke Company during the late 1910s expansion of the company's coal properties in the Connellsville and Klondike districts, this building originally served as a bath and change house for miners who toiled in the Colonial mines and coke works. Controlled by the giant United States Steel Corporation, the Frick Coke Company undertook and ambitious "social welfare" program that included improved sanitation at its collieries and in its towns.
Survey number: HAER PA-365
Building/structure dates: ca. 1910 Initial Construction