Dairy Industry Building, Iowa State University campus, Ames, Story County, IA
Significance: The building is a late example of the Classical Revival style of architecture. It is of architectural significance because it is one of a group of seven buildings in this style which surround the central campus green of this university and establish its architectural character. It is the plainest example of the seven, all of which were the work of the preeminent architectural firm in Iowa at the time, Proudfoot, Rawson and Souers. The courtyard of the building contains terra-cotta sculpture panels which are major works of the American Regionalist sculptor Christian Petersen, who was artist in residence on this campus.
Survey number: HABS IA-164
Building/structure dates: 1928 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 87000020