Delaware County Electric Company, Chester Station, Delaware River at South end of Ward Street, Chester, Delaware County, PA
Significance: It is a monument to the production and marketing of electricity in early 20th-century America. Wartime demand for light and power led Philadelphia Electric to commission the plant for the company's Chester, Pennsylvania subsidiary in 1916. Conceived by architect John T. Windrim and engineer William C.L. Eglin, the design featured recent advances in generating technology and industrial construction...
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N453
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N484
Survey number: HAER PA-505
Building/structure dates: 1916- 1919 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1924 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1939-1941 Subsequent Work