E. & T. Fairbanks & Company, Two-Story Covered Bridge, Saint Johnsbury, Caledonia County, VT
Significance: This wooden lattice truss bridge with auxiliary arches was originally built in about 1876, but the second story added at a later date. The bridge, which spans Sleepers River, connects factory buildings on either side of the river, and was an integral part of the factory complex. Three gothic windows with pointed arches were located on each side of the enclosing walls. It is a rare example of a two story covered bridge.
Survey number: HAER VT-1-A
Building/structure dates: ca. 1876 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1972 Demolished