Eisenhower Farm One, Emmitsburg Road (U.S. 15), Eisenhower National Historic Site, Gettysburg, Adams County, PA
- Upscale 2x2048x1366
Significance: President Eisenhower first visited Gettysburg as a West Point cadet. One of his first commands during WWI was at Camp Colt, a tank training facility south of the present National Historic Site. In 1950, while President of Columbia University, the Eisenhowers inspected present-day Farm One which comprised a 7-room brick house, the bank barn, several outbuildings, a dairy herd and several 100 chickens on 189 acres. The farm was purchased in 1951 from Allen Redding...
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-283
Survey number: HABS PA-5372
Building/structure dates: 1952-1953
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 67000017