Ellsworth Air Force Base, Rushmore Airforce Station, A.C. Warehouse Miscellaneous, 841 White Street, Blackhawk, Meade County, SD
Significance: This building possesses documented historical association with the base's initial construction, and with its operation during World War II. The building continued to be used by the base during the Cold War era beginning in the late 1940s. Rushmore Air Force Station was an early 1950s federal storage and maintenance facility for nuclear weapons. The station was a key component in the American strategy defense build-up which occurred during the early years of the Cold War.
Survey number: HABS SD-21-AC
Building/structure dates: 1942 Initial Construction