Fort David A. Russell, Artillery Gun Shed, Tenth Cavalry Avenue & First Street, Cheyenne, Laramie County, WY
Significance: Built in 1909 as part of an extensive construction program at Fort David A. Russell, the Artillery Gun Shed is one of many such small-scale buildings built to serve specific needs. In this case, the building's function was to provide covered storage for horse-drawn gun carriages. The Artillery Gun Shed was a simply configured frame building, one of a series of long brick and frame artillery structures. With its lack of stylistic aspirations, it typified the utilitarian architecture of the fort's ancillary structures. It was, before its recent demolition, distinguished as the last frame gun shed at the post.
Survey number: HABS WY-118
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 69000191