Fort Hood, World War II Temporary Buildings, Company Maintenance Shop & Arms Room, North of Park Avenue at Forty-ninth Street, Killeen, Bell County, TX
Field notes for this record with main record TX-3392
Significance: Building 1928 is significant as a relatively unmodified example of an 800 Series Type CMS-1 structure that was used for vehicle maintenance and arms storage originally. Constructed in 1943, the building retains much of its original character on the exterior, but has undergone some interior alterations. This report is based on the review of plans that are filed at Fort Hood and on field observations, and these show that Building 1928 reflects the construction techniques that were utilized on most World War II-era temporary structures.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N467
Survey number: HABS TX-3392-B
Building/structure dates: 1928 Initial Construction