Fort Larned, Commissary Storehouse & Stables, Larned, Pawnee County, KS
Significance: Fort Larned was originally built of adobe. In 1865 the first stone structure was erected. By 1868 there were ten permanent sandstone buildings. Nine of these still stand to be viewed by the public. In 1866, the Commissary Storehouse, located on the eastern end of the south side of the parade grounds, was completed. This building was used to store hay and grain, stables for horses and mules, and a harness repair shop. Corrals were located at the rear of the building.
Survey number: HABS KS-25
Building/structure dates: 1866 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 66000107