Library Of Congress
Library Of CongressPublic Domain ArchivePart of PICRYL.com. Not developed or endorsed by the Library of Congress
  • searchSearch
  • photo_albumStories
  • collectionsCollections
  • infoAbout
  • star_rateUpgrade
Fort Lewis, Locomotive Shelter, South side of South Drive, DuPont, Pierce County, WA

Fort Lewis, Locomotive Shelter, South side of South Drive, DuPont, Pierce County, WA

  • save_altThumbnail200x200
  • save_altSmall514x640
  • save_altMedium822x1024
  • save_altLarge1285x1600
  • save_altOriginal3084x3840
description

Summary

Significance: According to inventory records maintained by the United States Army Corps of Engineers, Construction Engineering Research Laboratory (USACERL), Building 1-B-99 is one of two remaining structures that served as train locomotive maintenance sheds dating from the Second World War mobilization efforts (the other building is located at Fort Drum, New York, and has been documented as HABS Number NY-6337-D). The construction techniques utilized in this building exemplify those used in most of the facilities that were built based on the Theater of Operations standard construction designs developed in 1942 by the War Department for the mobilization effort during World War II.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N57
Survey number: HABS WA-199-A
Building/structure dates: 1944 Initial Construction

person

Contributors

Historic American Buildings Survey, creator
Maul, David, transmitter
place

Location

create

Source

Library of Congress
copyright

Copyright info

No known restrictions on images made by the U.S. Government; images copied from other sources may be restricted. http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/res/114_habs.html

Explorefort lewis

Exploresouth drive

Explorelocomotive shelter