George P. Colt House, 628 1/2 East Sixth Street, Erie, Erie County, PA
Significance: The George Colt Mansion was the home of a prominent Erie banker from its completion in 1872 until his death in 1908. The owner was a member of a pioneering Erie family which settled in the region in 1795.
The house was designed as a country residence and was so situated to afford a commanding view of the surrounding farmland, and lake and harbor to the north. It represents an early yet imposing example of Second Empire architecture in Erie County.
Survey number: HABS PA-5359
Building/structure dates: 1870-1872 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: after 1908 Subsequent Work