Germantown Covered Bridge, Center Street spanning Little Twin Creek, Germantown, Montgomery County, OH
Significance: The bridge is a composite wood and iron rigid suspension truss. It is an early work of David H. Morrison, founder of the Columbia Bridge Works of Dayton, Ohio, and one of the most important bridge engineers and manufacturers in 19th century Ohio. The bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N37
Survey number: HAER OH-87
Building/structure dates: 1865 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1911 Subsequent Work
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 71000647