Governors Island, Building No. 25, New York Harbor, Nolan Park near Andes Road, New York, New York County, NY
- Upscale 2x7680x6098
Significance: This building was part of the original ordnance complex attached to Fort Jay when the fortifications built on Governors Island were completed in 1811. The building retained its ordnance function until the establishment of the New York Arsenal in 1833 and was still used for some ordnance storage purposes until as late as 1863. Although this building has been enlarged and remodeled many times, it contributes to the historic grouping around Nolan Park through its materials, scale, simple functional style, and location which defines the northern edge of Nolan Park.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-365, FN-368
Survey number: HABS NY-5715-7
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 85002435