Governors Island, Post Hospital, New York Harbor, Nolan Park near Barry Road, New York, New York County, NY
Significance: Since its construction, this building has been a key structure on the Governors Island military post. It was erected in 1839 as the post hospital and served that purpose until 1878 when it was converted to the headquarters building of a major Army command. By 1947, it has been converted to officers' housing and remains in that use today. With its impressive granite entrance, wrought iron balcony, and symmetrically arranged stone and brick facade, the building is a key structure in the Nolan Park area.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-365
Survey number: HABS NY-5715-5
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 85002435