Grave Creek Bridge, Spanning Grave Creek on Sunny Valley Loop Road, Sunny Valley, Josephine County, OR
Significance: Achieves statewide significance as part of a thematic group of timber-constructed, covered bridges of Oregon, and it is the last remaining covered bridge in Josephine County. It is an intact example of the standardized design of Housed, Heavy Timber, Howe Through Truss Bridge (Covered Bridge), which was developed by the Oregon State Highway Department ca. 1920. It is located on the original alignment of the Pacific Highway (US 99) and is the only remaining resource of its type on this primary north-south transportation route.
Survey number: HAER OR-26
Building/structure dates: 1920 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 79002077