Hancock Hall, Third Street (Highway 57), La Grange, Fayette County, TN
Significance: Perhaps best known for its twin Doric tetra-prostyle porticoes, this stately frame residence was built in 1857 by Dr. John J. Pulliam. It is a fine example of the large plantation type mansions which once graced the small village of LaGrange. It was purchased in 1881 by William F. Hancock, father of the present owner, Mrs. Peter Beasley, whose late husband was a descendant of Dr. Pulliam.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-30
Survey number: HABS TN-174