Hill Field, Aircraft Paint, Oil & Dope House, 5923 C Avenue, Layton, Davis County, UT
Significance: Building 11 stored liquid chemicals that were used on World War II aircraft, and provides particularly vivid images of the processes involved in the repair, maintenance, and storage of aircraft at the Hill Field/Air Force Base during and after World War II. In addition, it contributes to a deeper understanding of the early development of the U.S. Army Air Corps, a branch of the Army which eventually became the U.S. Air Force. Hill Field was one of only two air depots established in the United States during the tumultuous years immediately preceding World War II.
Survey number: HAER UT-85-D
Building/structure dates: 1941 Initial Construction