Judsonia Bridge, Spanning LIttle White River at County Road 66, Judsonia, White County, AR
Significance: The Judsonia bridge, completed in 1924, is significant as the only known swing bridge in Arkansas designed as a cantilever. Besides adding an aesthetic touch, the cantilever-like peak on the top of the bridge structurally aids in centering the weight over the center pivot and supporting the ends when the bridge is in an open position. In addition, the bridge was part of a national modernizing movement to improve roads giving the town of Judsonia access to outlying regions on the opposite side of the river.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-4
Survey number: HAER AR-51
Building/structure dates: 1924 Initial Construction