Kennecott Copper Corporation, Machine Shop, On Copper River & Northwestern Railroad, Kennicott, Valdez-Cordova Census Area, AK
- Upscale 2x2048x1372
Significance: The Machine Shop was erected in 1916 as part of the general expansion of the Kennecott facilities that took place between 1915 and 1918. Over time, the Machine Shop was expanded to include additional functions. The Machine Shop was the heart of the regular maintenance programs and the soul of any and all emergency repairs needed to keep the complex operation working.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N1052
Survey number: HAER AK-1-G
Building/structure dates: 1916 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1938 Subsequent Work
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 78003420