La Trinidad Counterguard, San Juan, San Juan Municipio, PR
Significance: It was built between 1765-83 by military engineer Thomas O'Daly, Chief of the Spanish Corps of Engineers in San Juan, represents in capsule form the solution to tactical problems presented in the site of the Castillo de San Cristobal. The conditions existing at the fort were the bastion's walls of somewhat antiquated heights facing a flat expanse from which enemy cannons would hit its exposed flanks. This was the most appropriate point where to attack the town...
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N105
Survey number: HABS PR-121
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 66000930