Levey Brothers & Company Building, Annex, 21-23 West Maryland Street, Indianapolis, Marion County, IN
Significance: Built in 1900-01, the Levey Brothers & Company Annex was one of several historic buildings in the Indianapolis Wholesale District that represented the printing industry located in that area. Established during the Civil War, the Wholesale District served the city and central Indiana until after the Second World War as a source of wholesale products ranging from groceries to tires and millinery. The Levey Brothers & Company Annex was a contributing structure in the Indianapolis Union Station-Wholesale District, listed in the National Register of Historic Places on July 14, 1982. It was demolished in 1989.
Survey number: HABS IN-212-A
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 82000067