Lower Bridge at English Center, Spanning Little Pine Creek at State Route 4001, English Center, Lycoming County, PA
Significance: It is the only remaining bridge of two completed in 1891 to provide access to this once-important regional logging and tanning center. One of few surviving short-span roadway suspension bridges in Pennsylvania, the Lower Bridge is also an usual variant of a braced-chain bridge.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N439
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N1149
Survey number: HAER PA-461
Building/structure dates: 1891 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 78002428