Marion Davies Estate, Fence & Bulkhead, 415 Pacific Coast Highway, Santa Monica, Los Angeles County, CA
Significance: The Marion Davies Estate was constructed in 1929 from the designs of renowned architect Julia Morgan. The original development, then called Ocean House, was built by William Randolph Hearst and his mistress Marion Davies. It consisted of five white Georgian Colonial buildings which were opulently furnished. While most of the original structures have been demolished over the years, the North House, Swimming Pool, Fence and Bulkhead remain from the original estate.
Survey number: HABS CA-2617-A
Building/structure dates: 1929 Initial Construction