Milwaukee Fire Department, Engine House Number 27, 2647 North Bartlett Avenue, Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, WI
1992 Charles E. Peterson Prize, Entry
Significance: This firehouse, built in 1903, to cover the northeast corner of the city of Milwaukee, was designed by Sebastian Brand. Brand was a German immigrant with a construction background, who joined the fire department as a firefighter in 1872. He was a firefighter until 1903, battling over 5000 blazes during his career. ...
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-46
Survey number: HABS WI-328
Building/structure dates: 1903 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: ca. 1940 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1987 Subsequent Work