Moses McKay House, New Burlington Road, Corwin, Warren County, OH
- Upscale 2x7680x6160
Significance: The Moses McKay House was built in 1818 of brick dug and fired on site. It is a fine example of an early nineteenth century Ohio farm house. The house is notable for its interior woodwork and hand stenciling on the walls. The structure was used by the McKay family as a "station" on the "underground railroad" from the late 1830s through the Civil War.
Survey number: HABS OH-2202
Building/structure dates: 1818 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1914 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: ca. 1915 Subsequent Work