Northwestern State University, Women's Gymnasium, U.S. Highway 6, Natchitoches, Natchitoches Parish, LA
- Upscale 2x2048x1606
1990 Charles E. Peterson Prize, Entry
Significance: The Northwestern State University Women's Gymnasium, 1923, is a three story brick Jacobean Revival building located on the edge of the university campus. The exterior incorporates sixteen century architectural elements in a large rectangular mass to give the effect of a Jacobean country house. The building has been little altered since construction but has not suffered any significant loss of integrity. The Women's Gymnasium is locally significant in the area as it represents the architectural firm of Favrot and Livaudais, of New Orleans.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-128
Survey number: HABS LA-1209-A
Building/structure dates: 1923 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 84001335