Old South Meetinghouse, Washington & Milk Streets, Boston, Suffolk County, MA
Significance: Built in 1729-30 as the Second Meeting House of the Third Congregational Church in Boston, gathered in 1669. Pews, pulpit and part of the galleries were removed and destroyed by British troops in 1775. The interior was rebuilt in 1783, and remodeled several times in the nineteenth century. Old South was the site of many important events, particularly meetings leading up to the revolution, and has been preserved since 1876 and restored by the Old South Association in Boston.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-121
Survey number: HABS MA-960
Building/structure dates: 1730 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 66000778