Palmer Mansion, 808 Brady Street, Davenport, Scott County, IA
Significance: The Palmer Mansion was constructed in 1874 in the then-popular Mansard Style by Louis C. Dessaint, owner of a local lumber mill. It was sold to F.H. Handcock in 1886 and to William D. Petersen in 1895, at which time it was redecorated, electrified and a new radiator system installed. In 1912 B.J. Palmer purchased the house which has since remained with the family and the Palmer College of Chiropractic.
Survey number: HABS IA-165
Building/structure dates: 1874 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1895 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1919 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1920 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1978 Subsequent Work