Pearle Cotton Mill & Dam, Elbert County Road 245, Elberton, Elbert County, GA
Significance: The Pearle Cotton Mill is an industrial archeological site that once served as the focus of a mill village known as Beverly, Georgia. The factory was built in 1895 by Thomas M. Swift of Elberton, Georgia. Though the mill has operated under many owners and was ultimately abandoned, it represents a locally significant industrial enterprise that played an important role in the local community.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-42
Survey number: HAER GA-42
Building/structure dates: 1890-1895 Initial Construction