Polasek House, 200 East Fawn Street, Caldwell, Burleson County, TX
1997 Charles E. Peterson Prize, Entry
Significance: Built in the second half of the 19th century, the house was one of several owned by the Hodding family, one of many prominent Czech families in the county. It was rented to other Czech families over the years, and verbal reports suggest that the room behind the living room was even used as a separate rental. The house was sold to Mrs. Lillie D. Kramer in 1950. Bonnie Polasek grew up in the house, and he and his wife, Annie purchased it in 1993 and gave the house to the Burleson County Czech Heritage Museum in 1996...
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N465
Survey number: HABS TX-3469
Building/structure dates: ca. 1880 Initial Construction