Portland General Electric Company, Station "L", 1841 Southeast Water Street, Portland, Multnomah County, OR
Significance: Station "L" is primarily a group of six structures designed and built by the Portland General Electric Company between 1910 and 1929. The Station represents the growth and the use of Portland General Electric Company's thermal generation power plants; of PGE's thermal plants, Station "L" delivered service for the longest continuous time. Station "L" is important for its link with the growth of electric power in Portland. The Station "L" site is also significant because of its association with Portland pioneer James Stephens for the site's association with early railroad development.
Survey number: HAER OR-12
Building/structure dates: ca. 1929 Initial Construction