Potter's Tavern, 51 West Broad Street, Bridgeton, Cumberland County, NJ
Significance: It is located in Bridgeton, along a main thoroughfare, Broad Street, directly across from the Cumberland County Courthouse. The current structure was built in 1770, following a fire, which destroyed a previous tavern located on the site known as the Bishop Tavern. The proprietor, Matthew Potter, arrived in the area from Philadelphia in 1773, where he had made a living as a blacksmith...
Survey number: HABS NJ-1247
Building/structure dates: 1770 Initial Construction