Redstone Arsenal, Harris Residence, Off Buxtia Road between Shields & McAlpine Roads, Huntsville, Madison County, AL
- Upscale 2x7680x6118
Significance: This structure is actually two houses, thought originally to have been slave quarters for the once-adjacent Lee House (c. 1818; moved to Huntsville c. 1980). They were combined in 1927 to form a single residence. The building is one of the few pre-military properties at Redstone Arsenal and contributes to an understanding of the pre-military use of the Arsenal site.
Survey number: HABS AL-883-B