Reedy Island Range Rear Light, Route 9, Taylors Corner, New Castle County, DE
Significance: Built in 1910 after plans originating at least as early as 1895, the Reedy Island Range Rear Light is a fine example of a cast-iron tower erected by the U.S. Lighthouse Establishment. This type of structure was resorted to because it was economical and could be easily erected. If necessary, it could also be dismantled readily, moved, and re-erected on a new site.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-9
Survey number: HAER DE-11
Building/structure dates: 1910 Initial Construction
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 89000288