Rockford, Rock Ford Road (West Lampeter Township), Lancaster, Lancaster County, PA
Significance: Built from 1793 to 1794, Rock Ford served as the country residence of General Edward Hand until his death in 1802, and it was occupied by his family until 1807. During the Revolutionary Warm Edward Hand served as Adjutant General of the Continental Army and played an important role at the surrender of Cornwallis at Yorktown in October, 1781. After the war he returned to a limited medical practice, and became engaged in political activity with the Federalist Party. In March, 1791 Washington appointed Hand to the post of Inspector of the Revenue for Survey No. 3, a position he held until September, 1801.
Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-214
Survey number: HABS PA-368