Rost Jewelry Company Building, 25 North Illinois Street, Indianapolis, Marion County, IN
Significance: The Rost Jewelry Company had conducted business at this location since 1910 in an 1887 commercial building. In 1947-48 the jewelry company extensively remodeled and enlarged the building into one of the best preserved vignettes of Art Deco retail design remaining in Indianapolis. The architect of the remodeling, Philip A. Weisenburgh, was a gifted Art Deco designer who previously had worked for the Rubush and Hunter architectural firm. It is believed that Weisenburgh is also responsible for the 1937 design of the H.P. Wasson and Co. Department Store a block away.
Survey number: HABS IN-216
Building/structure dates: 1948 Initial Construction