S. W. Shattuck Chemical Company, Incorporated, Building No. 1, 1805 South Bannock Street, Denver, Denver County, CO
Significance: The significance of the site arises from its role in processing various metals since 1918. At various periods of time, molyixlerum compounds, radium, uranium compounds, and rhenium were produced at the site. From about 1934 to the early 1940s, Shattuck was one of only two companies in the U.S. that produced radium salts; although collectively both companies produced only a small percentage of the radium used in the U.S. during that period.
Survey number: HAER CO-71-A
Building/structure dates: 1939 Initial Construction