Sacaton Hospital Residence, 315 West Casa Blanca Road, Sacaton, Pinal County, AZ
Significance: It is associated with the US Army's administration of health-related services for Indians in the area from 1875-1935. It was built ca. 1919 as physician's quarters for Sacaton's first health care facility. The latter was demolished in the early 1940s by the Bureau of Indian Affairs and replaced by a new hospital in 1942. This buildings is now used by the Gila River Indian Community as its tribal headquarters. According to the US Army's federal preservation officer, the physician's quarters may be a significant architectural example of an Army standardized plan for officer's quarters used in the early 20th century.
Survey number: HABS AZ-222
Building/structure dates: ca. 1919 Initial Construction