Saint George Russian Orthodox Church, St. George Island, Pribilof Islands, Saint George, Aleutians West Census Area, AK
Significance: Constructed in 1935-36, this church is one of the few buildings on the island that was not constructed by the government. Financed by the natives, the church's separate elements sanctuary, nave, narthex, and belltower are clearly expressed on the exterior. Unusual details include the ogee-arched portico, echoing the shape of the onion dome, and pointed-arched windows.
Survey number: HABS AK-50
Building/structure dates: 1935-1936 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: after. 1975- before. 1979 Subsequent Work
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 80000743